Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What wheels to re-drill.

I have 14" pugs right now, but I'm looking for some 15" wheels to run gravel tires :)

What I'm wondering is what are the best rims to look for? What vehicles, what years?

I know there's information scattered all over the place, but no one thread has any really specific info...

Thanks.

What I'm wondering is what are the best rims to look for? What vehicles, what years?

I know there's information scattered all over the place, but no one thread has any really specific info...

As long as you've been here I can't believe what I just read. I'll fight the urge to be snide. I'm sure somebody else will be along for that.

Toyota 4wd were six lug 15s.

Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Isuzu had six lug 14's in 2wd, 15's in 4wd.

Chevrolet 4wd has the same bolt pattern, but the offset is not quite ideal. (My opinion only, others may disagree.)

All of the above are earlier models. The trend towards bigger wheels followed industry wide so most later model trucks came with 16's or bigger.

I hope that was in some way helpful.

Dan

the FAQ has the list of wheels. the interwebs has the offset for those wheels, and the offset off your wheels should be on the wheels page here......a little research should net you more than the info you'll need.

numbers, i don't remember numbers.cheers, b

1984SubaruTurboCoupe.jpg

See the wheel on the front of the brat on the right? Those are rugged 15" wheels off a 4x4 dodge d-50/ mistubishi mighty max pickup. The other style of wheel on those trucks is like this:

picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=80

They're pretty heavy because the rim is made out of thick material, but that makes them a good candidate for re-drilling. You can also fit the stock small subaru hub caps that clip to the lug nuts so that they look clean in the middle.