Ultimate Subaru Message Board

is there a diagram online somewhere showing the routing of the rear brake lines, it looks like a channel going down the right side inside the unibody best I can tell, am i correct, is it best just to run your own route cutting back to where it's good...thanks....wow, fuel tank removal looks like a big job, looks like I better get used to filling it to half way only!

the brake lines run inside the rocker sill, then emerge under the back seat, go through a grommet, and to the rest of the braking system. It is un-necessary to remove the gas tank to access the brake lines.

Generally the lines will rust at the grommet where it comes through the body, or at one of the clips that secure them to the body.

thanks, it looks like I will cut the lines right under the seat, use compression fittings there and run new metal lines to the hoses on each wheel. The reason for the gas tank removal (which I'm not up to) is because of a leak if it gets filled (which I'm not up to)