Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who does this lifted red wagon belong to? (I want to copy it!)

biggreen96

photo.JPG

Yeah, we saw this wagon at the Olympus rally and want to mod another wagon to be just like it. How many inches is that lift? Is that bumper custom? Wheel and tire specs?

Its my car and its been an ongoing project for a while. Here is the thread with most of the mods and bits I've done to it: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103355

It has a 4" body lift and another 1 1/4" with the King Springs. The brush guard was made by Warn Industries back in the eighties specifically for EA-81 Subarus, namely the Brat. I fitted it to my reinforced Loyale bumper.

I'm running 14" Peugeot alloys with 195 BFG AT's. Car has an EJ22 motor, Dual Range 5SPD Trans, Disc brakes all around, LSD rear diff, Primitive Racing front and rear skidplates, XT6 front seats, and misc GL-10 interior bits.

Please feel free to ask any questions about it. If you are thinking of doing something similar read my linked thread above for some good ideas. :)

picture.php?albumid=34&pictureid=3069

Oregon Trail Rally 2011

Edited by cmiller

Thanks for the info! I have a friend in Seattle that was down at the rally helping crew for us and he saw your car and fell in love. He has an 88 GL wagon that we want to give a lift and the wheel and tire treatment, basically make it look badass like yours does.

What kit did you go with for the lift? And how is it in regards to everyday driving? I see that it's your DD, do you have anything you would have done differently?

I found and read your engine swap thread the other day. I had the exact same fuel pump issue when I swapped a eg33 into my turbo legacy. Congrats on getting that worked out, wiring is a royal pain in the rump roast.

Thanks for the info! I have a friend in Seattle that was down at the rally helping crew for us and he saw your car and fell in love. He has an 88 GL wagon that we want to give a lift and the wheel and tire treatment, basically make it look badass like yours does.

What kit did you go with for the lift? And how is it in regards to everyday driving? I see that it's your DD, do you have anything you would have done differently?

I found and read your engine swap thread the other day. I had the exact same fuel pump issue when I swapped a eg33 into my turbo legacy. Congrats on getting that worked out, wiring is a royal pain in the rump roast.

Ive had my lift for 6 years now and no problems. Its an Allied Armament lift which doesn't exist any more. Now I think SJR has some of the best and cleanest looking stuff out there. I wouldn't change a thing on my build. Just make sure to go through and update/change out your old rubber worn out bushings for new poly ones all around, makes the car handle and feel like new!

• 3 weeks later...

the "Allied Armament lift which doesn't exist any more", does still exsist and i am about to put it onto my 87 DL next week. i have the hook up if anyone wants to get the hook up on it. The name has change but still the same dude building them. give me a shout if anyone has any questions.

you mean Albi?

Bill Omlin of BOSS (THE BEAST I DRIVE)also still makes lifts sometimes, and his stuff is damn stout.

cheers,B

the "Allied Armament lift which doesn't exist any more", does still exsist and i am about to put it onto my 87 DL next week. i have the hook up if anyone wants to get the hook up on it. The name has change but still the same dude building them. give me a shout if anyone has any questions.