Before:

Photo-0018.jpg

Hauling: (Drive Shaft Disconnected

Photo-00B.jpg

After cleaning & Buffing of Color Back:

HPIM8386.jpg

HPIM8387.jpg

HPIM8385.jpg

Debating if i should Fix it or Tear it apart.

i'm leaning toward fix for winter beater.

i bought it for the parts but after i got it, its in good shape 2 holes 1 in each rocker. thats it rest is solid

currently doesn't run properly.

very low idle less than 750 and shaking the entire bay then stalls.

the guy told me something about the Pick up Coil in the Distributor.

i have a thread on XT forum hopefully i can get help to get it running properly.

I'll trade you arusted out xt6 with 97,000 miles that runs and drives for your clean body. I will make it run by poking it with a stick.

If you are parting it out, i'm sorry to say that my car is the better candidate, and your car would make a better driver for me.

Think about it. Otherwise i will gut my car and sell all the trims and bezels and just drive it

your low idle may just be a CTS or IAC

I'll trade you arusted out xt6 with 97,000 miles that runs and drives for your clean body. I will make it run by poking it with a stick.

If you are parting it out, i'm sorry to say that my car is the better candidate, and your car would make a better driver for me.

Think about it. Otherwise i will gut my car and sell all the trims and bezels and just drive it

your low idle may just be a CTS or IAC

the title is junked. so it wouldn't be road worthy again.

if i knew of this earlier i wouldn't have told the guy to junk the title.

i'd be all over that deal.

It was posted on the xt boards. I put my claim to it the day it was posted. 72 hours later i am driving it. that is what a milesfox does to hopeless subarus

The effort of the Subaru Alliance is what makes all this happen, when others would have failed.

You can get the title "Un-Junked" just so you know.

Hi,

I'm in Ohio. I junked the title to a 129000 mile GL wagon. A rust bucket. I did this so I could transfer plates to another Subaru.

The lady at the title office said to me a few times: Are you sure this is what you want to do? "Once the title is junk, you can never get another title for it." "It's gone." etc.

It's not the same as a Salvage title.

hth

Doug

Edited by Quidam

Sometimes i get sad about soobs going t pasture, but then again, there is no point in being upset about circumstances i cannot control. But i do what i can; beat them to the junkyard!

The PO of my xt at least had the heart to find some enthusiasts to take his car, as he could have easily called a tow truck over the last years if he didnt take the time to do so. That, i appreciate!

i do not live in Ohio.

so i wouldn't know and this came from Ohio

it never made to my name. previous owner junked the title after i gave him word.

i know i can get a Reconstructed title. but i'm not going threw the hassle. doubt the previous would to.

I'm parting it out but like i said I'm keeping so and so in my PART OUT Thread.

v found here v

http://ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123347

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame to hear of one of these subi's go to the parts gods... We didn't get them over here which is probably why I feel this way about the subi in question...

It's all good to be in a "dry climate" that preserves cars from rust, but if you didn't get them here in the first place its even worse to see them parted - particularly when the look sooooo good in the pics that have been posted!

Cheers

Bennie