Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old school music when driving my 79 Brizat!!

I notice when I drive my 79 Brat (which of now I call it the Brizat) that when I play old school 80s/early 90s rock/alternative music that its sounds just so right to be listening to it in my brat. Maybe becuase in high school I was listening to those songs/bands while driving my first car ever my first 79 brat. If I play something newer say mid 90s til today music it dosent feel right. Recently I played in my brat early stuff like Iron Maidens "Piece of Mind" cd, Badlands self title cd, U2s "Joshua Tree" and Pearl Jams "Ten" cd. I have plenty of other early bands I use to listen to while driving my first Brat as well such as Tesla, Queensryche, Danzig, AC/DC (early Bon Scott stuff of course), Dokken, Dio, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Living Color, Faith No More, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Power Station, The Smithereens, REM and many more... So Im set... That stuff takes me back to the old high school days and early 90s whenever I play it while driving in my Brizat!!! :grin:

Listen to them some but there was a few punk bands I did listen to more. First off was the Dead Milkmen, then there was Black Flag, MOD, the Circle Jerks, Misfits, and the Meatmen (We are the Meatmen and you suck)... how can you not like that title....... C.O.C. before they became more metal.... saw them open for the Ramones in 87... OH and the first Violent Femms CD... Love it..... My range of guitar oriented music varies but its all good to me..:grin:

I am definitely on the right sight... I actually know all the bands you speak of and listened to them when they were "actually performing".:lol:

A few of my favorites... Oingo Boingo, New Order, Vapors, Depech Mode (the old stuff), The Cure, The Clash, The Cult, The Smiths, Souxi and the Banchees... someone stop me.

Edited by tundrabrat