Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trying to uprade my subby so i dont sell her

I told him nothing bigger then 27s without a dual range. Yeah i suppose you can get away with bigger with no dual range but all i know is my buggy has 31s and you need to keep it in low range most of the time to really get any power.

that is a little different than telling someone that the stock engine wont push 27's around :rolleyes:

so, are we hearing only what we want to hear, here? or is someone jumping to conclusions with only partial information and/or assuming things? hmmmmm :-\

really beginning to wonder if OP is looking for any excuse to ditch the Subaru and go get a 4 runner.... :rolleyes: really starting to sound that way to me.

Edited by heartless

that is a little different than telling someone that the stock engine wont push 27's around :rolleyes:

so, are we hearing only what we want to hear, here? or is someone jumping to conclusions with only partial information and/or assuming things? hmmmmm :-\

really beginning to wonder if OP is looking for any excuse to ditch the Subaru and go get a 4 runner.... :rolleyes: really starting to sound that way to me.

Well it was pretty late so that could have something to do with it. I know i dont generally pay attention that well at 2 am :) Now as for getting more power im not sure what to say with this one. Generally if someone asks me how the squeeze out more power in there suby the first thing i say is to put on a weber carb but seeing as how this already has spfi i dont think there would be a point in putting in a weber.

Where exactly are you trying to take this thing that you need so much clearance, might I ask? Cuz frankly, as long as my Loyale isn't loaded down too much :rolleyes:... I know some pretty fun roads. Not challenging you.. just curious. :grin:

I'd be all for helping you since I'm so close... but I wouldn't be much use I'm sure... I really know close to nothing about swapping trannies and engines and the like. Plus I go to school full time (Usually :lol: ) But if you need a hand with just general wrenching I'm happy to help if I'm free. Just because I couldn't tell ya how something goes together, doesn't mean I can't put it together if someone points and waves their arms... :banana: haha

Where exactly are you trying to take this thing that you need so much clearance, might I ask? Cuz frankly, as long as my Loyale isn't loaded down too much :rolleyes:... I know some pretty fun roads. Not challenging you.. just curious. :grin:

I'd be all for helping you since I'm so close... but I wouldn't be much use I'm sure... I really know close to nothing about swapping trannies and engines and the like. Plus I go to school full time (Usually :lol: ) But if you need a hand with just general wrenching I'm happy to help if I'm free. Just because I couldn't tell ya how something goes together, doesn't mean I can't put it together if someone points and waves their arms... :banana: haha

Im up for helping as well if he needs an extra hand. All hes gotta do is provide the good music, perhaps some drinks, and the promise to go mobbin with us once its all ready :banana:

I'd do a trans swap first.

Part of doing a lift is putting on bigger wheels/tires. Lift with stock wheels would look ridiculous...

But lifted with bigger wheels would be useless with a single range transmission.