Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 into Brat Swap Question

03aksuby

Okay I am currently in the middle of an EJ22 into Brat swap and I have ran into a problem. I pulled the entire wiring harness from a 93 Legacy and planted the entire wiring harness (fuseboxes and all) into the brat. I am now needing assistance on how to get switched power to the EJ wiring harness. Currently the only power to the EJ wiring harness is the power wire from the engine bay fuse box to the battery. I obviously need switched power in order to power the fuel pump. I would love some advise.

Things to note:

-I have not touched any part of the EA harness

-The only connection between the EA and EJ harness is at the Positive terminal of the battery.

-I cut the fuel pump assembly out of the legacy tank and welded it into the brat tank (plugs straight in from the EJ harness)

Thanks in advance.

That's not how it's done. You strip the EJ harness to just the engine computer and sensors. Then you install that into the Brat. You don't use the whole harness because you don't need and won't use 80% of it.

Switched power is only one of about a dozen connections that need to be made - without which the EJ will not run correctly. It needs a speed sensor and a neutral switch for starters - along with ignition switched power, etc.

GD

Connect your switched power wire from the harness to the positive coil terminal. This will accomplish the task.

and who says you can't stuff a legacy harness in the brat?

The above statements are true in regard to the handful of wire to connect for the sensors.

Thanks for the responses guys. I figured running an entire harness would allow me to revert to it for things such as radio, entire legacy gauge swap etc. because the Brat's harness was hacked up beyond all reason by the previous owners. The harness actually fits very nicely into the Brat on the passenger side. I will keep you posted.

Thanks Aaron