Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Window handle removal

Just wanted to knwo how to remove the window handle on a 79' brat? does it require a window removal tool? or is there another way to do it?

Also how do i remove the gas pedal from the floor, it looks like it's riveted on?

Thanks

-Dave

If not screwed in then yes it might be rivited in but its definitely screwed into the floor.... The window handle has a little metal clip that needs to be pulled before you can remove the handle with either a small hook type device or some needle nose pliers sometimes work.. Hope this helps...

Just wanted to knwo how to remove the window handle on a 79' brat? does it require a window removal tool? or is there another way to do it? Best tool I ever had for these is a spring hook , but people will tell you anything and everything. The clip you need to move is a wire clip. Has two open ends that often can be seen when looking in the access hole with the handle at top rest. If not , then rotate the handle and keep looking. If you use a thin straighthead screwdriver or whatever the next guy recommends you just flex the end of the wire clip off of the shaft and with your other hand just pull the handle towards you.

Also how do i remove the gas pedal from the floor, it looks like it's riveted on? Yes , drill the rivets. Rubber cord around backside holds the pedal to lever.

Thanks

-Dave