Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm hoping someone can help me with this since it's baffling me big time.. ok so the 97 OB has a single lead for 12V and the roof for ground.. Now I changed the map lights to LED's custom.. I moved them out of an 2002 WRX fixture because my passenger side was not working.. and thinking it was going to be simple 10 hours later I'm still trying to figure this out...

in the other fixture my side worked fine but the passenger side did not because of the outback just having one lead for power..

SO I moved it back into the fixture that came in the car which is a lot simpler looking then the WRX.. however I can't get any light to light up.. but the funny thing is when I bring it inside on the bench and power it up the lights come on when the switch is not pressed but as soon as you press it, it shorts out and my power supply turns off So that's what has me confused..

here is what I can say now.. so far it looks like it's not grounded (wrx fixture had a quick connect for this) however when connecting to my PS it turns off when the switch is pressed which is backwards.

post-28910-136027648548_thumb.jpg

I am thinking you somehow have the wiring hooked up wrong to cause a short. You prolly know this. Somehow your hot lead is wired directly to ground, when you push the switch to turn the light on. Use a test light or multimeter to trace the flow of electricity to and from the switch, and to where the wiring grounds.

Figured it out but I had to ask for help lol the lights are on a switched ground so I had to tie the switch into the 12V.

What a PITA the only reason why I switched back to the old fixture it seems to have some cutout for some type of light