Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weird pukegoat steel wheel washers / nut

capn_r

you've got the pug 504 wheels from the 70's ....

no aftermark ones available you'll have to wait it out for a set... you could do 3 proper nuts per wheel, and one non-correct until you find some....

or you could get different wheels...

Well I looked but did not see what I was looking for.

But this link has close to what I used on my 504 wheels.

http://www.empius.com/vwcatalog/2011/191.html

Look at the "ball seat" lug nuts.

I found just washers at a VW shop that let you use regular lug nuts on ball seat rims. Not nearly as good as the correct lug nuts for your wheels. And I had to replace them every time I took the wheels off as they pretty much squished out. but it did offer a bit more bite than just regular nuts with the 504 wheels.

Not the right solution, but a hair more holding power.

After that I used thick grade 8 washers that I bent to fit the curve of the wheel and beveled the hole on. (better and more reusable, but still got wonky over time).

And then I spotted a set of 505's in a local JY for $28 and just switched. :) (Best solution)

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips TeamCF, I'm only short one and maybe if this thread gets bumped enough I will find someone that has a spare or spares. I going to do the hub redrill to six lug and run some nissan 15's I have on the car anyway but the rubber isn't bad that I have and at least even being a bastard wheel they aren't 13's. I have run the ball seat adapters on some VW Jetta alloys I have run on my GL10 that I redrilled to 4x100, I will check the fit of those adapters on these wheels. I wonder if there is a chance to machine the 60 degree ( I think) angle to the holes and run regular sube nuts. Thanks again.

Thanks for the tips TeamCF, I'm only short one and maybe if this thread gets bumped enough I will find someone that has a spare or spares. I going to do the hub redrill to six lug and run some nissan 15's I have on the car anyway but the rubber isn't bad that I have and at least even being a bastard wheel they aren't 13's. I have run the ball seat adapters on some VW Jetta alloys I have run on my GL10 that I redrilled to 4x100, I will check the fit of those adapters on these wheels. I wonder if there is a chance to machine the 60 degree ( I think) angle to the holes and run regular sube nuts. Thanks again.

the ball seat adapter is just a "close enough" fix for the alloy lugnuts.

and I don't remember the 504 lug holes looking "sturdy" enough to handle a bevel and a reg. nut...