Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Am so tempted..

Depends on what part youre looking for.

Body parts have to be begged, borrowed or stolen.

Mechanical parts are more plentiful. ...at least I have plenty :grin:

yeah should of mention mechanical parts..body is in excellent shape according to the owner.will be checking it out tomorrow morning (they also wanna check out the jeep..)

slightly giddy,always have loved the looks of a brat,but never got chance to get one before..will have to compose myself by 7am tomorrow..lol

Where are you located exactly?

i live in N.H.

:banana:

sharing pics with you guys/gals will probably be the 1st thing i do..it's been about 2-3yrs since driving/owning a Soob..it will be nice.

deep in my gut,it just feels right owning one..

well i checked it out and it looks pretty solid,he paid $2,500 a few years back for it and does wanna do trade.only rust i saw (to wet and low for complete inspection of under side) was on the rockers (i've seen worse,like my Jeep..lol).

she has only 126k for mileage.the one thing i was kinda hoping for was dual range but just single..no biggie..dang,i meant to snap some better pics..

i love the T tops though..oh and surprisingly,the original Brat decals (along back of cab area) are still there (faded but there..)

just trying to find the right day to do swap..

btw-would a bad egr valve cause idling issues ? i happen to notice light on dash was on while it was running..

Edited by subie94

i love the T tops though..oh and surprisingly,the original Brat decals (along back of cab area) are still there (faded but there..)

btw-would a bad egr valve cause idling issues ? i happen to notice light on dash was on while it was running..

I too have a soft spot for the targa tops - I talked my mother in law into buying one over here. She loves it! You can do so much with these to "pimp" them out with stock parts. Sunnie the brumby as he's known now has the coupe's 6 gauge analogue dash, AC, powersteering, central locking and electric windows including the touring wagon's console. The only real issue with him is that he's hard to start when it's cold due to a dead auto choke.

The ERG valve when on its way out I think causes idling issues and can stall the engine in cases too.

I thought the rust we got over here was bad! Your subi's in general make ours look like simple repairs!

Cheers

Bennie

The ERG valve when on its way out I think causes idling issues and can stall the engine in cases too.

I thought the rust we got over here was bad! Your subi's in general make ours look like simple repairs!

Cheers

Bennie

i'll have to price a egr valve if i get it (kinda up in the air,waiting to hear back from the guy).probably shouldn't be to bad of a price..

yeah,the amount of salt they use on the roads here is terrible..they plow leaving a thin amount of snow which freezes over then have to dump tons of salt which rots the cars if people don't wash it off during the winter months (or come spring time..)

The EGR valve is likely fine.

The EGR light is programmed to come on every 60K. So it probably came on at 120k-ish. Swap some connectors under the dash (try searcing the old school forum for the exact set to swap) and the light goes away.

If you have not got it yet, make sure you check out the frame rails and rear shock towers/fenders for rust before you do get it.

Thanks for the info about the EGR light..

the only bit i saw was on the pass side rocker towards the front.unfortionatly it was raining and to wet to completely crawl under it but frame rails and floor looked good along with fenders.pass door had been replaced (different color)

now i'm waiting to hear back from the guy.gotta figure out how to do the swap.(getting the brat to my house,know about signing reg over to each other) i'll have to do it when town clerk is open,get ride to TC with his reg,X-fer my plates to it then go back and get the Brat..good thing he only lives a few towns over..

now i'm waiting to hear back from the guy.gotta figure out how to do the swap.(getting the brat to my house,know about signing reg over to each other) i'll have to do it when town clerk is open,get ride to TC with his reg,X-fer my plates to it then go back and get the Brat..good thing he only lives a few towns over..

Sell each other your vehicles for $1 plus ________. That's what I do with friends or sometimes just a flat $100, according to the paperwork that is.

Well..i received a bad new text the other day.i think the work the Jeep needed scared him off (needs body work,shift control solenoid,X-member bolted (with new bolts) cause it's just welded on,etc)

Looks like i'll most likely be going for the 97 Leg gt wagon a friend has.he still needs to finish work on it though (wheel bearing,body work).sure it has the 2.5 but i know him and a subie mech friend did head gasket a couple yrs ago (new timing belt,seals,etc)

sucks about the Brat but maybe it wasn't meant to be..