Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my ea82 just blow out the muffler from coolant.....

recently; i was replace for new head gasket after that i put a parts on the ea82.

when i was pour the oil into ea82...there was pretty good running but somehow my ea82 a little hot becuz of without coolant.

so, i was pour half of coolant however the motor was shakey/stop became smoke from coolant and i try start it but wont start it like a stuck!

what the hell thats coming from, EA82 is very small motor but nonsense!?

i need help before i leaving to vacations w my gf. :banghead:

I'm trying to translate into English

You recently replaced your head-gaskets?

You added oil, but didn't add coolant?

You added half of a jug of coolant to a system that needs about 2 full jugs and the engine stalled because you over heated it and the engine seized?

The EA-82 is a small engine but this is nonsense and you need help so you can go on vacation with your girlfriend? :banghead:

It sounds to me, that since you swapped head gaskets and didn't add enough coolant that you seized your engine and probably scuffed the cylinders. I'd do a compression check after you top up the oil and coolant and hope you still have compression and you might not have to do your head-gaskets again. Either way your engine is most likely toast, especially if it won't turn over after it has completely cooled.

MilesFox-Intake Manifold Gasket? i was removed old gasket and never used it, but why?

NoahDL88- No, i was plan to put 2 new jug coolants for AC cooler...so, i was just pour coolant half during ea82's running but somehow my ea82 just shut down and coolant's smoked from under the exhaust. There is dripping coolant/oil from cycle head block (under the exhaust), too.

whats best number of compression test??

maybe i was put too much rubber seal on the thermostat without gasket cause choke from coolant? or no difference?