Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1983 1.8l Fuel Injected Tubo Wagon

I don't *think* they use a different radiator from the non-turbo's..... I would just get one from www.rockauto.com - they have the best price I've found for the EA81 radiators from Spectra. The "normal" EA81 radiator is a dual-core all-brass/copper unit anyway so it should be more than sufficient to cool the EA81T. I have one cooling a 200 HP EJ25 frankenmotor right now and it's plenty for that. I doubt the 95 HP EA81T would have any trouble.

recoreing IS an option - if you know a good radiator shop they should be able to do it.

GD

I agree with GD. A stock ea81 radiator should have no problem cooling an ea81t. I had a normal radiator in mine, and the little I drove it it worked fine.

Although now that I think of it I ran in to a problem with the fan on the water pump hitting the edge of the radiator. So instead of using that set up I had two electric fans on mine with my own relay setup. It worked much better then the old fan on the water pump anyway.