Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Updated: New Non-Confusing Seattle Meet-Up!

Okay guys and girls, hopefully this thread doesn't get as confusing as the last one! :D

Heres the deal: Saturday July 23 at 6:30. Magnuson Park

We will be meeting in the parking lot of Arena Sports in Magnuson Park right on Lake Washington. (on this map it is toward the upper right, right on the water)

http://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces?ll=47.683332,-122.265601&spn=0.015197,0.033646&sll=47.629768,-122.301178&sspn=0.231833,0.53833&ctz=420&t=h&z=15

(pleeease tell me if THIS link sends you to a podunk town in Missouri! When I click on it, it works, but that happened with the last one too, and it was sending people to the middle of nowhere! I swear, this meet-up is NOT just a mean joke!)

Enter the park from Sand Point Way at the entrance just north of NE 70th St and take an immediate left when you get through the gate. Follow that road back along the edge of the park. You'll pass an outdoor rock climbing wall, and go under a small bridge, and we'll be right there.

So far I've got a "yes" or an "i'll try" from 4 of you, and a bunch from earlier in the last thread. Keep 'em coming!

Edited by 98ImprezaWA

Thanks! You'll be missed this weekend, but I'll try to keep it going and hopefully you'll be able to make it to the next meeting!

There's plenty of good stories from the trip! Here's a quick summary:

The Porsche behaved beautifully (I'm not converting from Subarus, but I LOVE that car!)

Its VERY hot in Tennessee and Oklahoma (had forgotten how brutal humidity can be!)

Brian and I got engaged!!!! :)

trying to get my engine in. just need the bolts for my trans plate, home depot didnt have anything even close. p.i.t.a.

but what im trying to say is, itll be tight timing, but i WANT and AIM to

be there. dont stall dinner on MY account, lol....

If you're in Maple Valley I'd hit Johnson's Home and Garden for fasteners, they have a very impressive collection and knowledgeable help.

johnsons DOES have a very respectable stock of bolts, nuts, etc....

first place i went. no studs though. just bolts with heads.

home depot, no dice.

im just gonna go to tacoma screw or fastenall.

driving around is eating up my savings on buying a USED transplate.

home depot had all-thread. but allthread is a very low quality steel.

anyhow, apologies for the hijack. pretty confident about being ready on

saturday.

trying to get my engine in. just need the bolts for my trans plate, home depot didnt have anything even close. p.i.t.a.

but what im trying to say is, itll be tight timing, but i WANT and AIM to

be there. dont stall dinner on MY account, lol....

Try NAPA for the bolts; they usually have a good selection. Or if you have a McLendon's.

Brian and I got engaged!!!! :)

:banana::banana:

Have a beer on me!

:drunk::lol:

Congrats!

Oh yeah, #@$% all you PNW people with your nice cool weather!!! :lol: I don't think we've quite broken into triple digits today, but it's really close. And I can hardly see down the street because of all the humidity.

Edited by Fairtax4me

Thanks! :D I'll be sure to enjoy a nice cold one and tell them to put it on your tab! ;)

I was just in the Northeast and then went down to Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Oklahoma... I felt like I was melting! That humidity is brutal! It was 106 and humid in Oklahoma.

I definitely hate this PNW "summer," but I don't know that I would want the sticky humidity of the east coast right now either! A nice sunny day in the mid 80's would be perfect...

Seattle still has time to change its mind though... summer here goes until all the way through September. It's not too late! :)

I was just in the Northeast and then went down to Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Oklahoma... I felt like I was melting! That humidity is brutal! It was 106 and humid in Oklahoma.

I definitely hate this PNW "summer," but I don't know that I would want the sticky humidity of the east coast right now either! A nice sunny day in the mid 80's would be perfect...

Seattle still has time to change its mind though... summer here goes until all the way through September. It's not too late! :)

Thanks for reminding me why I moved here from Wilmington, DE!