Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ Swap Wiring question...

xbeerd

Virgin Switch?

LOL, im guessing you are right, pending definition of virgin switch.

god i feel like a total choad

anyways.. i fired up the car, it started no problem what so ever, now i just need some exhaust gaskets, the rear half of the exhaust. some kind of solution for the powersteering pressure hose. and i think thats it. yay!

Haha, the switch on top of the steering column? Congrats on getting it fired up!

yep.:banghead: that was it.

what you guys do for powersteering pressure hose? i tried to bend the EJ one around but it didnt turn out so hot (i used a tubin bender, BUT, it was a cheap manual one, and i bent the damn connection. :(

I always have custom power steering lines made.... the PS system runs at about 600 to 1200 psi on the high pressure side.... best not to F around with pressure's like that. Last set I had made set me back about $75 including hoses, fittings, and welding on matching bits to the hard-lines of each.

GD

well, if it's not your first time, than maybe it's a 'lame' switch, log, lump, cold, what have you. impotent?

Virgin Switch?

LOL, im guessing you are right, pending definition of virgin switch.

god i feel like a total choad

anyways.. i fired up the car, it started no problem what so ever, now i just need some exhaust gaskets, the rear half of the exhaust. some kind of solution for the powersteering pressure hose. and i think thats it. yay!

I always have custom power steering lines made.... the PS system runs at about 600 to 1200 psi on the high pressure side.... best not to F around with pressure's like that. Last set I had made set me back about $75 including hoses, fittings, and welding on matching bits to the hard-lines of each.

GD

yeah, i have a guy that is going to get me the name of a place that'll do it. for the same price as junkyard powersteering pump etc i could just have a line made it seems.

well, if it's not your first time, than maybe it's a 'lame' switch, log, lump, cold, what have you. impotent?

impotent switch! haha.

anything on this...

not wiring related. but where would i find vacuum line to T into for that stuff under the dash? i think i saw a vacuum line on the passenger side of the intake manifold i could T into?

Powersteering pump solution:

1st gen legacy pump acquired from junkyard. I put the EA reservoir on it, it sits at a slight angle. think thats ok? it just fit better than the legacy reservoir unless i relocate that sensor that is attached to the IM behind it (connects to throttle body? IAC or MAP related?)

of course the rear mount bolt busted on the way out.. GRRR. it seems to hold for now with just the 2 front bolts, i'll soak the rear part and see about extracting it when i get a chance.

i have to modify the return hose a little bit tho, sits in there kinda funky, atleast thats what i recall from last night when i put it in.

im gonna snatch up a ej radiator so i dont have to use my crappy rigged up hoses.

i have a on/off switch for power, ign, and my starter is wired to a spare rear wiper switch i put ont he left of the steering wheel. i just have to figure something to trip the accessories etc. i was thinking i could tap the power line going to the ign switch, and then run it to the 'virgin switch' and back to the accessories return on the ign switch connector. or just keep the key handy for that. altough i wanted to go keyless. :)

Edited by xbeerd