Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help! 86 brat shorting out

I have a nasty short in my brat.(well i have allot of electrical issues, but we'll start with this one)

the 15 amp fuse for the horn , clock and 4 way blinkers has an explosive short in it. (blows a fuse instantly) Does anyone have a pdf of a clear wiring diagram or short finding advice?

So Far: I have unplugged the horn, I still have the short. The clock works, but the horn and 4 way blinkers do not. ALSO, the 4WD, door and seatbelt indicators do not work either. the 4WD indicator switch tests good, but it does not light in the dash console.

(I did manage to repair the glove compartment light and dome light)

Is it possible the 4 way blinker relay is bad, if so, where is it?

any help is appreciated

HA! found it. there is a green connector that was connected into another almost the same color green connector that was a direct short. what a pain! I have a clock, 4 ways and a horn now. On the the next electrical issues.

anyone know what these green connectors are supposed to connect to? One comes out of the harness and the other leads from the steering collum.

2609063280101509528S500x500Q85.jpg