Ultimate Subaru Message Board

upgraded alternater? 95 lego wagon...

hey guys... quick question... :) does anyone know of anywhere to get a 200 amp or *close* alternator for my soob? the only ones i find are like 3-500 bux.... im tryin to spend MAYBE $200..... my stock alternator isnt cuttin it anymore with the 1000 watt amp :-\ i have a 1 farad cap but that doesnt do very much at all lol. Maybe even a rebiuld kit to make it have higher output would be nice! i know the newer outbacks have somethin like 125 amp alt. but its only on the 3 liter h6 and those are like 300+........ any ideas?

thanks!

jarrid

It would probably work, but what worries me is that it's a generic webpage. It doesn't mention anywhere on the page about subaru, expect for the product details. And from the pics, it doesn't look like the OEM alt. And it also says UP TO 200 amps, it doesn't really specify what it puts out.

If it was me, I would be wary about that one... Might work, might not. Not enough detail about the product for me to be comfortable in spending $175 on something that might work, IMHO.