Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I got my cams from Delta yesterday! :banana: Hopefully I'll get to pull the engine out of the wagon this weekend and finally fix head gasket, and oil leak.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask those of you who have installed cams in these engines (95 Ej22) what lube you like to use during installation, and do you run any type of ZDDP enriched oil for break-in?

As far as I know roller rocker setups don't need the extra zinc additives for regular operation, but do they need anything special for initial break-in?

Figure I'll call Delta tomorrow and ask what they recommend as well. Just would like to hear what other people have used.

Here's what I use for cam lobes.

REV LUBE: A non-detergent lubricant containing Molybdenum-Disulphide which is spread on the cam lobes when installing a camshaft to prevent galling and insure protection during the critical break-in-period - the first 5 minutes of operation.

450R4_L.jpg

I use Lubriplate and engine oil on the rest.L0034-094.jpg Lots of different stuff out there but those two haven't failed me yet.

Doug

Edited by Quidam