Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ok so i have no spark on three of four cylinders its not my coil pack i do have error codes for throttle position sensor and purge control solenoid valve. i have tried to look it up and had no luck my haynes manual isnt being very helpfull either does anyone have any idea what my problem could be and how to fix it i do a lot of the work myself and hope i can get it figured out soon.

ok i feel really dumb i replace TPS Cam and Crank sensor ignighter and purge control solenoid valve. I just found out i overlooked a blown fuse and now my battery is dead and engine flooded so i have to wait till the morning to see if the replaced fuse fixed my problem it was a 15 fuse and i think it was the one for the ignition so hopefully it works in the morning but if it doesnt does any one have anymore suggestions for me to try???? i will be at a loss and very upset if i am FUBAR:-\

You stated earlier that the ignition was working on three of the four cylinders. If that is correct then the blown fuse was not the problem, at least at that time. Something else is causing the problem with the spark to the fourth cylinder. If the fuse has anything to do with the ignition system then none of the plugs will be firing if it is blown.

The most logical cause of the spark problem to the plug is a bad spark plug or the wire to it. I assume you have already eliminated those possibilities by swapping them out.

Edited by Cougar