Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It has 16" stock, I'm just curious which of the set's of wheels I have around would fit if needed??

My grandson's dad is buying this car, it needs tires and I'm just trying to think in advance if anything I have around here will allow him to postpone $400 in tires for a few weeks. Unfortunately I think everything I have that's usable right now is on 14" rims...

edit and O., all my sets are Subaru rims, so I'm not worried about the offset.

It has 16" stock, I'm just curious which of the set's of wheels I have around would fit if needed??

My grandson's dad is buying this car, it needs tires and I'm just trying to think in advance if anything I have around here will allow him to postpone $400 in tires for a few weeks. Unfortunately I think everything I have that's usable right now is on 14" rims...

edit and O., all my sets are Subaru rims, so I'm not worried about the offset.

It prolly isn't much work to try to install smaller wheel in place of your 16", but I am thinking the caliper will not likely let the smaller wheel mount up as others have said. I think you will have to spring now for the new tires, which is not what you want to hear.

It prolly isn't much work to try to install smaller wheel in place of your 16", but I am thinking the caliper will not likely let the smaller
the larger rotors don't come on the GT's until 2002 or 2003, so he can use smaller wheels, though no subaru 14's will work.

GT has 10.7" F and 11.3"R rotors.

16" wheels have @1/2 to 3/4" of clearance.

15" will have less.

Once he buys the car, try one.

I would be shocked and a few other things if 14" fit.

Checking cars 101, the last Suby that offered 14" wheels had a rotor size of 10.5".

O.

Edited by ocei77

If they don't clear, how have you done it?? :grin:
i meant what i said, good question. you can partially bolt one lug nut on and the wheel is all cock-eyed. i do it to keep the hub partially shielded and off the ground of parts cars and 14" rims out of my storage space. :banana: