Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car smashed...continually...

So I bought an 86 gl 5 spd d/r ea2 in aug 09...

1 year ago it had this happened (see the first image) to it while just sitting there parked- a nice hit and run job around 12 am...really appreciated it.

after that- about 3 weeks later- someone else hit and ran on me. I had put a 'custom bumper' on the front made of some tubing and luckily I had, because the guy freaking bent the tubes nearly in half and probably would have crawled onto my hood.

well my sis is in high school and needed a little car to get around in, new driver. So I passed it on to my fam and picked up a 1990 loyale ea82 5spd 4wd....well two weeks after they took the car ....well you can see the other two pics.

Apparently little red here was not meant to live... so now its pretty well totaled out. Just thought I would share that story. Quick question- would the clutch etc in the 86 be compatible with the 1990 loyale I just got. If its worth it I suppose I will just keep the 86 around for parts- They both have the ea82- so are the parts interchangeable and is it worth keeping the 86?

post-31878-136027649292_thumb.jpg

post-31878-136027649294_thumb.jpg

post-31878-136027649299_thumb.jpg

There is something to be said for defensive driving though. I don't know the situation but I have seen comparitively few accidents where one party wasn't at fault *at all*. There's something to be said for hanging back a ways and letting the scene unfold in front of you. If you are always the guy that is trying to be in first place..... it's going to bite you. :)

12 years I've been driving and I've had one minor collision with another car and I am willing to admit it was at least partially my fault.

GD

Yeah... the one accident I've been in, the other driver was legally at fault... (they were spinning around out of control in the middle of the road when I hit them). But... if I'd been going slower, I could have stopped or avoided them even after they were doing bizarre spinny things on the ice in front of me.

The dual range transmission will bolt right into the loyale as well... with the exception of the nuetral switch maybe. But as someone earlier said, it's basically the same car with the exception of the fuel system.

Z

Mate that subi must have had some baaaddddd karma!!

That's bullshlt!! And to think that someone had the nerve to do a hit and run!!

All the best with the loyal - everything other than what you've said about the fuel system will be plug and play ;)

Bennie