Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2009 Legacy sedan with drenched carpet

in-laws first subaru - so hopefully this doesn't get complicated!

a/c is pouring condensation into the passengers side floor. with 80% humidity it turns into a veritable pond. water is pooling front and back.

i pulled the carpeting and trim to look at the drain hose. pulled it out of the floor, no visible signs of cracks and ran some wire through it to clean it out.

wish i would have looked closer before pulling it to see if it was crimped anywhere.

ran it for awhile and a steady flow of water was coming out of the tube at the bottom like it should and nothing inside (man a LOT of water was coming out of that thing, steady flow). but maybe it was doing that before too - and still leaking somehow as well, i didn't check. wish i would have checked that too.

maybe those two things i wish i would have did will help someone else later.

any other thoughts? they are out of town traveling now so i'm trying to help them out, but the car is also under warranty for 3,000 more miles. hopefully they can report it before then and subaru will take care of it if needed in the future?

Unless it has a sunroor, that will solve it.

oh, good question. man i've driven that car and can't remember if it has one. :lol:

almost positive it only happened when a/c was on.

does sunroof have it's own drain or do they share/come together at some point? where is it if it's different, be good to know as i'm sure i'll see this at some point. 4 of my current daily drivers have sunroofs.

Like you said.......maybe the condensation drain hose was crimped. It happens. Suggest you rig up some box fans to blow air throughout the car for a few hours or over night to dry it out. You don't want water there to promote mildew or mold. Both make a car smell bad for a long time.