Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who wants to identify this fuel injector! Please HELP

Vinny1979

Hey yall,

So I have been working on Garner's brat (check the other thread for details) and I cant seem to make it fire. I think I have traced the problem to the fuel injectors. I pulled them today and 2 of them are cracked pretty bad. I plan on testing them to see what the spray is like but I need to know the impedence. so that I dont fry it while I test it.

So the numbers on it as best I can tell are 0979 and 4Y09D but they are very small and I cant read them well.

I looked the part for an 86 gl up but it doesnt look like this at all so I dont trust it. Here is a pic.

fuelinjector.jpg

They are almost surely Nissan 280ZX Turbo injectors. That's a common swap out on the EA82T. Take a look at a picture of the ZX injectors - they look like yours.

Here's a set of 6 on ebay..... I would contact an ebay seller, explain your needs, and see if they will sell you 4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-82-83-Datsun-280Z-TURBO-Fuel-Injectors-/160500451880?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255e928a28

That crack on the mounting block is insignificant - though they sell those on ebay also. The crack in the pintle cover is probably also not a big issue but you can't tell till you test them.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

Thanks for the input. I cant tell the difference after looking again. I think I have figured out from a bit of research that most stock injectors are high impedance which means I can supply a 12volt current without frying them. I am going to try it and see if I can test the signal to the injector as well.

Thanks again. If I have to replace them I think I will do the 280zx they are about the same price and if its an upgrade I might as well.

I found another part number A45-00.

I was able to identify this number as the 280zx.

I also found out that these are low impedance injectors. To test I will put in a 10 ohm 1 watt resistor. I am going to try to pick one up today and test these injectors.

Edited by Vinny1979