Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which seats will fit my brat ?

For DIRECT Bolt in... an EA81 style (gen 2 car) would be the best donor... 1980-1984 wagons/sedans.

Ea82 seats can fit with some modifications as can XT and XT6 seats. Legacy seats are probably the most comfortable, but you also need to make an adapter plate for them. There may still be a pattern on the USRM for the adapter plates to make a legacy seat fit in. If not I may still have the JPG laying around somewhere on a CD.

Not that hard really to put in late model Subaru seats. I think it took me maybe 2-3hrs. with a drill, sawzall and a few bolts! I included a picture so you could see what they look like. I got lucky on these as I bought them back in 04 or 05. They had been pulled new out the car for rally racing and sat in a garage. Think I paid less than $300.00 with shipping from Fla. to NC. Best money I ever spent on the Brat. I wouldn't even considering putting old seats back in when late model legacy, Forester, Impreza and WRX seats can be made to fit fairly easy.

post-318-136027649356_thumb.jpg

I have Legacy seats (I think out of a '92 Legacy...) in my '83 GL wagon. I just cut the Legacy mounting points off and welded the GL points on in the right spots and braced them up for strength. (use a welding blanket or something to keep sparks out of the bottoms of the seat foam.)

Super comfy. :grin:

Thanks, I am only 6ft tall, they seem to fit just a TAD too tall even for me, but i live with them. Much better comfy than the stock torn dried out ones. But the color on them is exact for BRAT, like it was made for it. You can see my door sill plates, the door panels, all a exact match, got lucky i suppose.

• 5 months later...
For DIRECT Bolt in... an EA81 style (gen 2 car) would be the best donor... 1980-1984 wagons/sedans.

Ea82 seats can fit with some modifications as can XT and XT6 seats. Legacy seats are probably the most comfortable, but you also need to make an adapter plate for them. There may still be a pattern on the USRM for the adapter plates to make a legacy seat fit in. If not I may still have the JPG laying around somewhere on a CD.

Ya got that jpg.?