Ultimate Subaru Message Board

205-75-r15s.

tallwelder81

thinking of replacing my pug 14s with 185-75-14s michelin x radials with the same brand/model, michelin x radials, but in, you guessed it, 205-75-r15.

i figure, its not a HUGE tire. just a decent upgrade in height and width.

just 24.9" up to 27.1". pretty mild and conservative choice, i think.

my question is, does anyone know if 205-75-15 would even FIT a stock brat?

how about when i get my planned 2 inch lift?

any suggestions on a better freeway friendly a/t for good mileage and some occasional trail play? i do about 75% highway driving, 15% yard driving, an 10% real trail riding.

i kinda like THESE:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic.jsp?sidewall=Outlined+White+Letters&tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Radial+Rover+RVXT&partnum=075SR5ROVXTOWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

but they are out of my price range. and not common enough to hope for on craigslist used.

are dunlop good quality tires?

anyone have experience with these rovers?

they kinda look like a bridgestone dueler.

anyhow as far as ive seen, theres no MIDDLE ground between a 185-75-14 and a 205-75-15.

so its either a 25" or a 27 inch. is there any good middle ground?

id kinda like a 195 anyhow. i wish there was some kinda highway friendly a/t around 195-85-14. or 80.

id kinda like a 195 anyhow. i wish there was some kinda highway friendly a/t around 195-85-14. or 80.

i'm pretty sure that nobody makes a 195/85/14 or a 185/80/14. there are plenty of low profile 26'' tires out there. i don't think that's what you want however. looks like your best bet is to go with the 205's. why not just do the lift first,then worry about fitting tires? curtis

Edited by curtisbad
more info...

i dont wanna bash that much. maybe a very gentle trim and some fender flares, if its absolutely necessary.

i think im just gonna stick with the 14s for awhile.

craigslist has these 195/75-14s, either dunlop axioms,

or cooper discoverers. not only could i keep my wheels, and save the

500 i woulda spent on those new AA 15s, but i can also save the extra

that i was HALF considering paying for NEW dunlop rover rvxts. like aother

500 cash. thats a thousand bucks i couldnt honestly throw around, anyhow.

miata calculator says that 195/75 14s will be like .60" taller, and a half inch wider also. and then i will be able to have more of an a/t tread. qman sold me these michelin X's and they are a great tire. but ultimately, i always had planned on going a hair bigger and knobbier.

on a side note, what do you think the weight difference between a peugeot allow 14 and a steel AA style 15 would be? i think between my wheels and tires, im running pretty light. im sure those cooper discoverers are a fair bit heavier. not just the size diff, but they are also 6 ply instead of 4 ply.