Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Replacement" brand, anyone?

I'm looking to replace my 98 OBW rotors, and need to do it cheap, but decent. Just enough to last another 3-4 years. Saw "Replacement" brand rotors on Parts Bin web site that come out to under $40 for a pair including shipping. Saw same on other web sites for about twice that price, and it looks better than the $30 NAPA premiums.

http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/index.php?sid=131DE75B8FC3&rid=131DE75B8FC3&N=1719+11736+4294961022+2253+776

Anyone has any experience with this brand. (I understand it's some cheapo Chinese, but then so is pretty much everything on the low end nowadays.)

Last summer, I replaced the front rotors on my 99 OBW, which would be the same size as on your 98. I bought mine on line from Advance Auto Parts on line. Seems like they always have a 20%+ discount going on to create a good price, then picked them up at my local store the same day and saved delivery cost. The discount is only for purchasing on line. I bought their low end line (made in China), and they have been great. They come with a 2 year free replacement should they warp. They seem rather thick, but maybe that is because my old rotors were warn thinner. If you buy these or from elsewhere, suggest you use a screwdriver to pry the rotor dust cover away from the rotor. Otherwise they can rub on the rotor, well mine sure did.