Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I want to put 205/75R15 Grabbers on my car this weekend. Can I use the stock size 205/70R15's as a spare? Or would i be destroying my subaru to try it.

Same deal as with the doughnut, don't drive it very long or very fast. And it will be fine.

If you have an auto, put in the FWD fuse, then it's FWD and doesn't matter what tires you're running.

Same deal as with the doughnut, don't drive it very long or very fast. And it will be fine.

If you have an auto, put in the FWD fuse, then it's FWD and doesn't matter what tires you're running.

Yeah, it's an auto. Last time I had a flat tire I had to drive 130 miles just to get somewhere that could patch it. It made me pretty nervous since i didn't have cell phone reception most of the way.

I want to put 205/75R15 Grabbers on my car this weekend. Can I use the stock size 205/70R15's as a spare? Or would i be destroying my subaru to try it.

I recently replaced my 205/70/15 tires on my 99 OBW. I went to a larger tire sized 215X70X15. They fit fine, with no rub. Prolly a little wider, and prolly about the same height as the 205X75X15 tires you are considering. It is worth a thought.

I recently replaced my 205/70/15 tires on my 99 OBW. I went to a larger tire sized 215X70X15. They fit fine, with no rub. Prolly a little wider, and prolly about the same height as the 205X75X15 tires you are considering. It is worth a thought.

Hmmmm Geolanders come in that size, and i have had good experiences with them before, I just thought the slightly narrower grabber would do better in the snow. I’ll have to think about it.

Hmmmm Geolanders come in that size, and i have had good experiences with them before, I just thought the slightly narrower grabber would do better in the snow. I’ll have to think about it.

Are you sure the 75 series tire will not rub anything? Yes, the thought of using a slightly narrower tire puts a little more psi foot print on the pavement. I am thinking the foot print is just a little smaller then the 205 X 70 series that you have on the car right now, but I wonder if it will make any real difference? I guess the conversation begs the question, of what are you wanting to accomplish with a tire that is different from OEM?

Are you sure the 75 series tire will not rub anything? Yes, the thought of using a slightly narrower tire puts a little more psi foot print on the pavement. I am thinking the foot print is just a little smaller then the 205 X 70 series that you have on the car right now, but I wonder if it will make any real difference? I guess the conversation begs the question, of what are you wanting to accomplish with a tire that is different from OEM?

My all season tires left me on forest service roads with flats four different times. I'm hoping with a light truck tire It won't happen as much. Also I'd like better traction on snowy roads.

I know the 75's will fit, i talked to OBS owner the other day who had 75's for snow tires.

If you have a flat you can always do what my ex wife used to do with her Toyota. She packed a few cans of "Fix a Flat" in the trunk. She would use a couple to air up the flat and then adjust the pressure when she got to a air compressor. One weekend I was driving the car and it felt like the wheel was going to come off it was so unbalanced. I took it to a tire shop and when they tore the tire down they must of found that she use about a dozen cans of that fix a flat over the life of the tire. Needless to say they were not happy cleaning that crap out, but hey it got her home.

If you have a flat you can always do what my ex wife used to do with her Toyota. She packed a few cans of "Fix a Flat" in the trunk. She would use a couple to air up the flat and then adjust the pressure when she got to a air compressor. One weekend I was driving the car and it felt like the wheel was going to come off it was so unbalanced. I took it to a tire shop and when they tore the tire down they must of found that she use about a dozen cans of that fix a flat over the life of the tire. Needless to say they were not happy cleaning that crap out, but hey it got her home.

I carry either slime, or fix a flat cans with me at all times in my Subie. I also carry a cig outlet powered tire inflater. If I have a tire going down, I find it easier to inflate, then changing to the spare. Some new cars are being sold without a spare, the cheapest model of the Chevy Cruz is one of the cars.

I always tell the guys at the tire store there is fix a flat in the tire, so the tire changing guy is prepared for a possible mess.

My all season tires left me on forest service roads with flats four different times. I'm hoping with a light truck tire It won't happen as much. Also I'd like better traction on snowy roads.

I know the 75's will fit, i talked to OBS owner the other day who had 75's for snow tires.

A light truck tire will definitely be a good choice for driving on forest service roads. The thicker tire side walls and overall heavy duty construction should provide fewer off road flats. However, expect your OBS to ride like a Jeep Wrangler with the LT tires. You will feel every bump in the road.