Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This is the thread for my $480 beatbox.

1995 Subaru Legacy-base model everything

ej22-140,000 miles and counting

4eat-makes funny noises, I installed a dash switch spliced into the FWD circuit for AWD-FWD shifting.

awesome vise-grip window handles

trailer hitch 1 1/4"

stock muffler replaced with a glasspack

custom chop top

Right after I bought it:

DSCF7884.jpg

DSCF7885.jpg

DSCF7883.jpg

DSCF7888.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

6fe52b7a.jpg

2a7148a1.jpg

Edited by Dylan

Why hack it up? I understand having a beater car, but just hacking it up for no reason? It's not like it's more functional now, in fact it's less functional :-\ To each their own, but I don't get it...

But good deal on the car man! :lol:

Every thing on this car is trashed. It's kinda like the car Ricky drove in the Trailer Park Boys. I drive it the same way too.:grin:

da387ac8.jpg

Edited by Dylan

Scratching my head as to why the tail gate was cut in half, then the upper window portion moved forward and rebolted, after a section of the roof was cut away. What purpose does this serve??

The hatch didn't open when I bought it, so I just cut the roof. The window still opens and a board slides up and out.

To the OP... I am not baggin' on you, I am just curious on why you did what you did, that's all.

And I agree that we shouldn't be so negative about what someone does with their car, not really the spirit of USMB. That's what Nabisco is for :lol: I was just curious the WHY, even if I don't get it or wouldn't do that myself. At least there was a reason to cut up the hatch, it didn't work. So now I at least understand where the urge came to start cutting :lol:

doublefacepalm.jpg?w=497

I will justify my negativity.

You hacked up a semi-Ok wagon for some ghetto'd out baja.

These cars are everywhere, go to any junkyard and you will find a bakers dozen (13 or more) So what if one has gotten hacked up? Its not like hacking up a Brat or 3-Door which the West coast guys seem to do plenty of.

Yeah, someday these cars will be in short supply, but for the time being, their safe.