Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can you give some extra hints. Model and Engine type. As far as I know Subaru used two types of air filters. Rectangular one (# AA070) directly mounted before the throttle body. And one more squarish (#AA020) mounted in a box on the passenger side crashbeam/wheelarch however you name that place between the headlight and the shockmount. And aperently the newer legacy/outback have also one (#16546AA10A)

Some years of EJ's had an intake system that allowed for twin filters - I think only CA models actually came with them installed...... I have a '99 Forester with that weird system and it does indeed have twin filters.

I can't see a legitimate need for both. Seems redundant to me. Almost all EJ's have just a single filter.

GD

Can you give some extra hints. Model and Engine type. As far as I know Subaru used two types of air filters. Rectangular one (# AA070) directly mounted before the throttle body. And one more squarish (#AA020) mounted in a box on the passenger side crashbeam/wheelarch however you name that place between the headlight and the shockmount. And aperently the newer legacy/outback have also one (#16546AA10A)

1999 2.5 SOHC non tubo

yea the rectangular one next to throttle body would be what apparently is missing or never installed. I wondered if maybe it would help with capturing

some of the oil film that eventually goes through the PCV. Or maybe it would make no difference?

Thank you I might try this extra filter next to the throttle body. I looked up

(#AA020) and nothing at any of the online retailers I use. Is this filter hard to find?