Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ swap parts quistions!

Prwa101

okay im getting ready for my ej swap so far i have,

93 legacy motor

93 stripped harness

and that's about it.....

-the fly wheel ill have a friend re-drill.

-ill make the adapter plate.

exhaust- i see people using 2 1/2" do i have to find 2 1/2" headers or is that after the stock headers?

any advice on the exhaust it would be much appreciated!

clutch is my main question, i see people using an xt6 clutch kit, is there a center year or type of car that i need to get it for, to kit my 93 motor?

can the EJ fans fit in the EA82 wagon?

thanks!

-PRWA

okay im getting ready for my ej swap so far i have,

93 legacy motor

93 stripped harness

and that's about it.....

-the fly wheel ill have a friend re-drill.

-ill make the adapter plate.

exhaust- i see people using 2 1/2" do i have to find 2 1/2" headers or is that after the stock headers?

any advice on the exhaust it would be much appreciated!

clutch is my main question, i see people using an xt6 clutch kit, is there a center year or type of car that i need to get it for, to kit my 93 motor?

can the EJ fans fit in the EA82 wagon?

thanks!

-PRWA

2.25" pipe is widely considered the magic number for exhaust diameter. That's what I'm running. They changed exhaust somewhere in the mid '90s. The newer setup is easier to fit. If you search for threads on headers here and on NASIOC, you'll see what I mean.

I'm not sure if anyone can help with the clutch question until you describe your entire setup.

Jacob

ill be running a stock ej22 from a 93 legacy, in a 1990 loyale 4x4 with 27 or 28" tires.

is that better?

thanks!

-prwa

Yeah. When I ran that type of setup, I used an XT6 clutch kit from the dealer. I had mixed results with aftermarket offerings. After a few different setups, I opted to pay the extra money for the proper fitment/function. YMMV.

Jacob

Yeah. When I ran that type of setup, I used an XT6 clutch kit from the dealer. I had mixed results with aftermarket offerings. After a few different setups, I opted to pay the extra money for the proper fitment/function. YMMV.

Jacob

ahh okay, so i could go into a dealer and say i want and xt6 clutch, and they know what im talking about? so the xt6 clutch kit is used for many different models/year of car?

Prwa

• 3 weeks later...
okay read up on the duralast parts and pretty much every one says there crap... haha pretty good price for crap haha.

"Duralast" parts are just defined by the box.

It's just big batches of stock from OE manufactures that AZ buys up at discount, unpackaged or partially packaged and boxes up and warehouses its.

Example.... if you go to AutoZone and look up an EA82 rear wheel bearing there are 2 choices.

Timken, good but not OEM.....Lifetime warranty......56.99

Or Duralast, when you get the bearing, it's Koyo....like subaru the factory part......One year warranty, but it's only 39.99

Same with Duralast Knock sensors, and alot of other parts. Pull them out of the AZ packaging, and it's a factory, Japanese made part. I've been pretty happy with them recently.

That said, Clutches i've gotten as "Duralast"...have been sometime Exedy, and sometimes Valeo...so it's a crap shoot.

"Duralast" parts are just defined by the box.

It's just big batches of stock from OE manufactures that AZ buys up at discount, unpackaged or partially packaged and boxes up and warehouses its.

Example.... if you go to AutoZone and look up an EA82 rear wheel bearing there are 2 choices.

Timken, good but not OEM.....Lifetime warranty......56.99

Or Duralast, when you get the bearing, it's Koyo....like subaru the factory part......One year warranty, but it's only 39.99

Same with Duralast Knock sensors, and alot of other parts. Pull them out of the AZ packaging, and it's a factory, Japanese made part. I've been pretty happy with them recently.

That said, Clutches i've gotten as "Duralast"...have been sometime Exedy, and sometimes Valeo...so it's a crap shoot.

makes seance, well i think ill just pay out for the acdelco one on rockauto for 210$ not to bad.

so im in need of an ej22 adapter plate, your a hard guy to get ahold of :Flame: what times are good to call you?

Prwa

• 3 months later...