Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 passenger front suspension or axle

I don't know how to determine what the actual problem parts are causing my issues are. Tried searching on this but didn't come away with anything.

First issue is when I hit speed bumps (the sharp parking lot kind) anything over 2mph, the front passenger wheel seems feels like it drops while the driver wheel performs as expected. But at a slow crawl, works fine.

Other issue is when straightening out from a tight (full lock) turn, whether slow or semi-fast, there is a ping/klunk sound like a rock hitting a tin lid or something.

Are these suspension related issues and should replace the strut and or shock (not educated on what sort of suspension ea81s have) or something to do with the axle?

You'll just have to inspect stuff. It's likely that it needs shocks anyway due to age. That could be part of it and they are cheap.

Ball joints and tie-rod ends are common sources of noise. As are axle joints when making sharp turns, etc.

Those noises could be any of a dozen things - best to just get under it and start looking and prying on things to check what's loose. Swaybar bushings, leading rod bushings, rack bushings - all that stuff gets old, loose, mushy, etc.

GD