Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What would it take?

stephen115

To get these wheels on my 1984 BRAT:

and If I could get these on the brat, could I run bigger brakes? like WRX brakes?

SJ

bigger brakes, yes, ea82 with slight mods. wrx brakes, no, not with that lug pattern.

But, you could convert to 5 lug and find a similar wheel with 5x100 lugs, and 17" for 4 pot brakes, or 15" for 2 pot brakes.

bigger brakes, yes, ea82 with slight mods. wrx brakes, no, not with that lug pattern.

But, you could convert to 5 lug and find a similar wheel with 5x100 lugs, and 17" for 4 pot brakes, or 15" for 2 pot brakes.

thank you for the info, but what would it take to get those specific wheels to fit?

SJ

ive been debating redrilling the hubs as well i have some american racing 14 inchers that are back up wheels for my datsun and they would look bad rump roast on my wagon

I'm thinking about just getting a whole other set of hubs to redrill that way I don't damage the originals and I can paint them and make them look good easier then taking all the original hubs off and doing all that. plus if you need to drive it you can and when your ready to swap its all in a few hours work.

SJ

I dont exactly get why you said it like this?

SJ

It seemed like you wanted those wheels... exactly those haha.

So I was suggesting the 5 lug swap, get the 5X100, and then get them.

Its good if you know someone to re-drill the hubs as it should be precision drilled, or if you can do it yourself (precision) but if you cant, or dont know someone who can, I think the 5 lug swap would be a better move.

It seemed like you wanted those wheels... exactly those haha.

So I was suggesting the 5 lug swap, get the 5X100, and then get them.

Its good if you know someone to re-drill the hubs as it should be precision drilled, or if you can do it yourself (precision) but if you cant, or dont know someone who can, I think the 5 lug swap would be a better move.

ohh haha, so the 5 lug swap is a 5X100 lug pattern? but these wheels are 4 lug? im confused

SJ