Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1984 GLF Hatch

Thought id chuck a few pics up here of my hatch :D

Bought it this time last year,got round to sorting it out over the summer,needed quite extensive metalwork,inner/outer sills both sides as well as both inner/outer rear arches and a pair of front wings.

As bought

06112010618.jpg

work in progress

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

Have got the original early 80's front to go on it as well as chrome bumpers.

How it is at the moment.

SG107025.jpg

SG107026.jpg

300622_10150406413664553_583839552_9912896_2050216255_n.jpg

Beautiful hatch!

Do you have many of these in England? I was under the impression that Hatchback's were rare in the EDM world. I know I've heard there's less than 10 of them in Austrailia and I has assumed the other European markets were similar. I think your's is the first picture I've seen of a hatch from England....

I'm a much bigger fan of the hatch than the Brat personally. Did you see the aluminium rear window latches that a friend and fellow board member made not long ago? He may offer them again. Best way to solve the weak plastic handles....

GD

yep,its a replica of chans in cannonball...it was the only car that caught my eye in the film at the age of about 6 and i wanted one ever since! even wore out the vhs tape we had of it lol :D

Theres not many over here,i know of two in the flesh including mine and there is rumours of one or two others floating around but no ones seen them for a couple of years now so they are getting scarce.

Window catches are all ok for now,they dont get used in mine tbh but if they do break i know where to go ;)

Just a thought but if any of you guys are interested in what we uk guys get up to with our scoobys then feel free to join up to our little forum http://www.mvbrumbybrat.co.uk

mainly 70s and 80s stuff on there ;D

Edited by petey

Ive seen that hatch before,you on ojc too?

What front have you got on it? ive got a set of new old stock round lamp surrounds with all the lamps with it apart from the headlamps,id like to find a car to fit them too but probably wont happen lol

Hows your wagon coming along?

Ive seen that hatch before,you on ojc too?

What front have you got on it? ive got a set of new old stock round lamp surrounds with all the lamps with it apart from the headlamps,id like to find a car to fit them too but probably wont happen lol

Hows your wagon coming along?

OJC wasn't my thing so not posting there anymore.

I also have new old stock round head lamps on my wagon and have a used set for my hatch. Also have the pre-facelift chrome single rectangular setup for the hatch. I like the old stuff :)

Wagon is coming along but struggling taking the last few hurdles (transmission mount for the EJ 5MT mainly). I'm now going to order a reinforced mount for a Nissan S14 transmission which would make it easy to make just one single bar at the end of the transmission mounted to the body. No difficult H-brace required.

• 1 month later...