Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mini Question: Vacuum A/C Connections.

Somehow I Confused the Vacuum Lines that goes in and out the Vacuum Bottle that is Located under the Windshield's base, behind the Passenger's Strut Tower on the Engine's Bay.

Basically, one Line comes to the Bottle with Vacuum from the Engine while the other Line goes from the Bottle to the Vacuum operated control A/C Buttons on the Dashboard.

So please correct me if I'm Wrong: The Vacuum Line that comes from the Engine Must be Plugged to the Vacuum bottle's Port Labeled as Number 1 and the Outgoing vacuum line from the Bottle must be connected to the Bottle's port labeled as Number 2, isn't it?

IMG4142A.jpg

I just want to be Sure...

Kind Regards.

So, I Assume that those Vacuum acumulator Bottles shall have a Built-in Check Valve and if I Ran it mistakenly connected backwards for Long time, Maybe I damaged it...

Right now I am away from that Bottle (Left in Home) so I Can't do the Test properly, but I did a Small test when I removed it and found no Check Valve interruption then.

I'll Repeat the Test more carefully ASAP.

But I'll Like to know: How did that Vacuum acumulator Bottle came connected from Factory?, Shall I Use the Port Number 1 as vacuum in (From engine) and Port number 2 as Vacuum Out (to the Dashboard) or it is Backwards?

Kind Regards.