Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ Swap wiring trimdown 98 Legacy

Scott in Bellingham

I have a 98 Legacy wagon 5 speed wiring harness Im in the process of thinning it out for a EJ2.2 swap into a EA car, I have the 98 Impreza RS Servicve manual and wanted to know if the pinouts and engine wiring would be the same or if not where could I get the correct wiring diagrams and pinouts for this harness ;):-p:Flame::o also anything I should be aware of as this is my first , I have chux write up and also have a EJ in one of my EA cars but I didnt wire it

You can also leave all the dealer diagnostic connectors - just in case you get the opportunity to use the Subaru Select Monitor, etc.

GD

Looks to be OBD II, and I think I see the OBD II port. Make sure the red/black wire(s?) to it has 12v Batt+.

Although, if the IG. relay is gone, may need to check that all item supposed to be powered actually get power when you wire it up. the big yellow wire (Batt+)in particular feeds power to lots of stuff before it goes to the relay, so things like the Transistor, IAC, Vent solenoid, etc... may not be in the loop still.