Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Identify this thing (was: cargo cover dimensions)

I replied to a craigslist ad a tad too quickly, and as a result I have what I think is a 2004 Legacy cargo cover that won't fit my '99

I want to list it for trade, but I can't find any part number to confirm what the heck I picked up. Is there an easy way to identify them? Alternatively, can someone confirm the distance between the mounting pegs on the fixed/moving parts of your '04 cargo cover?

Thanks!

Edited by jarl
misleading title

• 3 weeks later...

That's what I think it is, but it's actually narrower than the space on my '99. I find it hard to believe the space between the suspension towers actually shrunk between generations, so I was convincing myself this had to be from a Forester or something like that.

Anyone else can offer confirmation? I just don't want someone complaining because I sent the wrong thing :(

That's what I think it is, but it's actually narrower than the space on my '99. I find it hard to believe the space between the suspension towers actually shrunk between generations, so I was convincing myself this had to be from a Forester or something like that.

Anyone else can offer confirmation? I just don't want someone complaining because I sent the wrong thing :(

I will try to remember to measure the one in my wife's outback when I get home. The overall shape/design I'm certain is the same. I think there might be 3 colors - certainly 2 colors, of them as well.

LOL...

(Thank you Yeti) Much to my regret, yes... the flooring came from IKEA. The previous owner of the house decided to "stage it" using the cheapest flooring he could find, and we didn't realize it until it was too late.

So... everybody agrees this looks like it comes from a Gen III Legacy, except Karak seems to confirm this is too narrow for his car (as it was for my '99 OBW).

-sigh :) -

Do you guys know if the cover for the Forester has the same kind of clips?