Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 legacy creeky sway bar links.

If you're sure it is the sway bar links, they are pretty easy to replace. Many of the aftermarket polyurethane links include a small tube of some kind of grease to lube them up and they may get squeaky if they aren't lubed.

If you mean the sway bar bushings, those would be more likely than the links to be creaky than the genuine endlinks themselves. Those might get away with just a greasing.

For greasing I would try silicone grease (often sold as dielectric grease), because that would be least likely to affect the rubber. Second choice would be some type of synthetic wheel bearing or cv grease, such as Neo HP 800. Not so much because synthetic is better or required there, but often the petrochem based greases can be harsh on rubber and plastic.

It's probably the bushings that secure the sway bar to the frame. Mine do this all the time when it's cold. I just ignore it because it goes away after a few bumps. :D

Silicone grease is the least likely to degrade the rubber bushings so should work pretty well to quiet them down.