Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just saw a big subaru offroad truck? WTH?

man on the moon

So yesterday I was sitting at a stoplight, waiting to get on the freeway, when I did a double take:

2011-11-21_08-01-14_506.jpg?dc=gorganic&source=mobileproducts

I checked subaru's website, and briefly googled, but they only agreed with my memory: Subaru doesn't make a full size truck, do they? At least not for retail markets? It was built like maybe it's an offroad or rally support vehicle, but...? Anyone have an idea?

If the image doesn't show, here is a link: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-s0DS9pFGE2E/TsuwdG5HzqI/AAAAAAAAA4M/7lSLXEuz3tM/s400/2011-11-21_08-01-14_506.jpg?dc=gorganic&source=mobileproducts

So yesterday I was sitting at a stoplight, waiting to get on the freeway, when I did a double take:

2011-11-21_08-01-14_506.jpg?dc=gorganic&source=mobileproducts

I checked subaru's website, and briefly googled, but they only agreed with my memory: Subaru doesn't make a full size truck, do they? At least not for retail markets? It was built like maybe it's an offroad or rally support vehicle, but...? Anyone have an idea?

If the image doesn't show, here is a link: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-s0DS9pFGE2E/TsuwdG5HzqI/AAAAAAAAA4M/7lSLXEuz3tM/s400/2011-11-21_08-01-14_506.jpg?dc=gorganic&source=mobileproducts

Looks a ford truck with Subaru badges.

are those honda badges on the upper section of the gate? perhaps this is a rally/moto x support vehicle/ enthusiast?

RV

I thought those were tie downs but now that I look closer they do resemble Honda badges. Odd. I'll keep an eye out for him again.

I was thinking Ford, too, I have a couple more pics I'll try to upload when I get home. Why would anyone spend all the time and money to build that machine and label it as something it's not? Or two things it's not--afaik, Honda doesn't make a full size truck, either; though I don't exactly keep up with what Honda does.

the pick is a lifted F150. i didnt even check the link.

the small pic is enough to tell that much, right away.

come on guys, i thought you were car people?

its not a studebaker or a maserati ghibli.

there are 500 of these just in my small town,

its the most recent design of an f150. you see em

all over, everywhere you go.

you know this. lmao....