Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will 96+ OB roof rack slats fit a '94 Legacy?

Quick question-

Can anyone confirm whether the low-profile cross pieces from a 1996 Outback factory roof rack will fit the rails on the factory roof rack for a 1994 Legacy?

The rails themselves on the cars seem to be slightly different (I know because I was looking for one of those plastic covers for the rear, and the Outback didn't have 'em)... but I'm not sure if the spacing or the rail shapes are any different.

Thanks. :)

hmmm

My 94 LGT roofrack is identical to my brothers 99 outback roof bars.

but i have been to many junkyards and they are all different in a few minor ways.

There are multiple variations.

What do the rear end pieces of the long rails look like on yours? On my '94 GT, the rear rails end in a piece that has a small pop-off cover. On the '96 OB in the junkyard, the rear rail ends are completely smooth.

It is definitely not the same as the 91-94 Legacy Wagons, they did something special for the raised roof 94GT.

Ok. Both of the first-gen Legacies I've had have been the raised-roof... the '92 VZ Type-R in NZ, and the '94 GT here... both roof racks have been the same, so I didn't know there were so many varieties...

I'll try to get a picture of it when I have some light.