Ultimate Subaru Message Board

jump cable remove and EJ25 stall down.

when i was buy new battery and driving for couple days.

One day; i drove and notice that ABS 'on' into the dashboard for no reason...Also there already 4 times flash as quickly on the dashboard too? so, i going to pull over and turn off the engine.

and then i tried turn on the engine there's WONT start like a death.. there's have a low dim light on the dashboard...(look like low battery) but i already replaced new battery.?!

so, i use jump cable on my new battery box, dashboard's light is brighter and there no ABS on. BUT...when i was take off and driving to back home and got problem starter, wont running, still there low dim light on the dashboard like a nothing?!

should i replace alternator? Really, i was testing alternator was passed RIGHT BEFORE old battery?

If new battery has caps on the top, pull caps to see if water level inside battery is full to the top of the battery. I have put in new batteries in the past that were very low on water.

If you can possibly get it running enough, go to an auto parts store, where their counter guy will come out to the parking lot, and test both battery and alternator. No charge for this at a parts store like Autozone or Advance Auto.

my outback is automatic trann

yes, when i was driving like as easy, there is high RPM (3,000RPM and change gear) than before. Also rpm/mph was shake up, down, up, down and shut down..theres wont tell us how much mph and rpm on dashboard.

Alternator.

Another symptom is if after a short drive you start loosing power at high RPM's.

Edited by Suba_GL_87

well, i cant driving...my outback just still stay from my home.

i think its time to replace alter.

if not...what you think need replace?? coil or eh?

If new battery has caps on the top, pull caps to see if water level inside battery is full to the top of the battery. I have put in new batteries in the past that were very low on water.

If you can possibly get it running enough, go to an auto parts store, where their counter guy will come out to the parking lot, and test both battery and alternator. No charge for this at a parts store like Autozone or Advance Auto.

no wonder my alternator was 11 VDC.

i was buy outback 96' cost $750 and she told me have been problem starter and wanna sell for it...

i've been replaced, spark, wire, timing belt, battery, starter motor was passed and fuse is good.

yea, it's time to replace alternator. but it's alot cost.

Easy way to test it: Jump start the car and use a multimeter to measure the output to the battery. If it's under about 14vdc, your alternator is on it's way out. Pretty much what it sounds like to me.

no wonder my alternator was 11 VDC.

i was buy outback 96' cost $750 and she told me have been problem starter and wanna sell for it...

i've been replaced, spark, wire, timing belt, battery, starter motor was passed and fuse is good.

yea, it's time to replace alternator. but it's alot cost.

Not really, you should be able to get an alternator for $130 at autozone/oreillys

I guess that's not expensive to me, since the one in my Montero ran $270, but came with a lifetime warranty. I'm on my 2nd free replacement unit now though.