Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wawa Gas?

Be sure to check the octane listed as non-ethanol in the site. It's a user updated site. If you know a place that sells real gas, add it!

http://pure-gas.org/

Will do. The one I was looking at said 91 octane as the 'non-ethanol' version, and I know this station sells nothing higher than 91 octane (which I always thought odd). This particular station is owned by a place that handles a lot of chemicals and other products other than just gasoline, and I believe they are a good size supplier of 'wholesale' gasoline in the area.

Here in NY most pumps say 'contains 10% ethanol' but some I have noticed say 'contains up to 10% ethanol' or 'may contain up to 10% ethanol', probably because someone thought the 'contains 10%' was a guarantee of some sort.

There aren't any WaWa stations in my area to be able to compare.....

But I did find the 'no ethanol' gasoline at one of the stations listed on pure-gas.org's chart! I had stopped at this station before but didn't notice it. Now they have blue labels on the 87 and 89 octanes, saying '10% ethanol', and a black label on the 91 octaine that says 'no ethanol'. I wonder what oxygenate they are using then, since I am pretty sure it is required in NY, and MTBE can't be used in NY. This will be great for my old snow blowers, tractors, and stuff like that which were never intended to use any ethanol.

So I filled the soob with the 'no ethanol' version, and I'll be darned if it didn't just about peel the tires right off the rims pulling out of the station. Ok so it wasn't that dramatic :Flame: