Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Manual Transmission?

Must be a rare option, because I never found it in any junk yard cars.

Especially now that the GL is my DD AND I live in flat land... Cruise would be nice.

I guess since I live in flat land I could just have it hold the throttle open... My speedo doesn't work so I guess cruise wouldn't work anyway.

Granted my '87 fwd 3AT coupe had cruise but it was dealer installed I believe. The harness for the cruise is completely separate from the rest of the vehicle harness. I'm actually going to take it and use it in my '89 RX as it doesn't have cruise. It'll also work with any EJ swap too. Just need the electrical harness, the box behind the drift side kick panel and the underhood items.

Not very difficult. There were two kinds of CC: factory, which I believe was buttons on the left of the dash by the rear defrost button, and dealer-installed had buttons on the steering wheel itself. I may have those backward.

Either way, just a matter of stealing the buttons, some wiring, the CC module, and the actuator on the throttle. I'm pretty sure they used a speed sensor off the ECU so they didn't need to attach to the speedo cable at all. There's some write-ups on it somewhere...

My situation is that I've got an EJ22, so I'm probably gonna hafta find an EJ cruise control setup. Should be easier to find a donor car, tho.

Not very difficult. There were two kinds of CC: factory, which I believe was buttons on the left of the dash by the rear defrost button, and dealer-installed had buttons on the steering wheel itself. I may have those backward.

I think the aftermarket CC was located on the dash next to the rear window wiper switch, but that wouldn't work for me, I've got power side mirrors and that's where the controls for them are located.