Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need new EA82 MPFI PCV hoses

This might be my first post, in that case, "Hi"!

Can anyone help me with part numbers and/or an online source for PCV hoses for a 1987 EA82 OHC MPFI 3-speed automatic, non-turbo?

One hose from each camshaft cover to the air intake duct, and another from the AT.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Thanks for that idea.

I was shocked at the high price the last time I had to buy a part from a Subaru dealer. If a generic vacuum hose can make the bends it needs to, I'll do that. I had thought they had to be rigid and therefore pre-formed.

I just thought of going to a scrapyard, but old hoses are likely as brittle as mine (24 years old but only 70k miles) and I bet they wouldn't let me take them from an engine.

-Jeremy

Yes, lurking for a while.

Don't know about mods available but mine is not modified. I broke a very brittle hose while replacing the inlet manifold gaskets.

I didn't mention I'm in a small town in Switzerland. Dealer prices are really high (only one dealer within 20 miles).

Not knowing the history of my vehicle, for a recent tuneup at 100k km I inquired about a fuel filter, emissions canister, air filter, PCV valve, and dizzy cap/leads/plugs/rotor. It would have been $700 equivalent. I whined at the tally and decided not to buy most of it (got it at rockauto instead, or didn't replace some things at all); in Switzerland an "inquiry" is nearly as binding as an "order" so it was quite rude of me. Not enough time has passed for me to show my face again.

There's also a good chance that non-OEM parts won't pass inspections but in the case of vacuum hoses I think I'd just get a warning and 3 weeks to fix it before a new inspection.

BTW my Subaru is called a "Swiss" Super Wagon. It's got a higher roof and some differences in the taillights, and some kind of automatic 4WD button that my Subaru in the U.S. didn't have.

-Jeremy

... my Subaru is called a "Swiss" Super Wagon. It's got a higher roof and some differences in the taillights, and some kind of automatic 4WD button that my Subaru in the U.S. didn't have.

-Jeremy

Thanks for your Kind Answer, Jeremy.

I Believe that those prices are High for that Stuff...

Could you Post Pictures of your Super Wagon?

Kind Regards.