Ultimate Subaru Message Board

kick down relay? no wiring from fuse box?

ok, so i noticed there was no fuse in the kick down relay when i bought the car. so i looked at the back of the fuse box, and theres no wiring coming from the kick down slot. theres a main hot that provides power to the other fuses in the area, all with wiring leading off, but the kick down has no wiring leading off from it. is this normal?

its an 83 ea81 motor gl 4wd wagon.

If it's not an automatic transmission then it won't have a kick-down relay or the associated wireing.

What exactly is your reasoning for being this anal about your wiring? What is it that you are trying to fix? There are LOTS of confusing connectors and wireing that is unused in any given vehicle setup. The harnesses and the fuse panels are designed to allow space for every conceivable option and different combinations of engines and transmissions. Asking about every one of them is pointless and time-intensive. If something is not working as it should then address that - stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.....

If you give us a goal that you are trying to acheive here it will help us formulate answers.

GD

If it's not an automatic transmission then it won't have a kick-down relay or the associated wireing.

What exactly is your reasoning for being this anal about your wiring? What is it that you are trying to fix? There are LOTS of confusing connectors and wireing that is unused in any given vehicle setup. The harnesses and the fuse panels are designed to allow space for every conceivable option and different combinations of engines and transmissions. Asking about every one of them is pointless and time-intensive. If something is not working as it should then address that - stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.....

If you give us a goal that you are trying to acheive here it will help us formulate answers.

GD

did i ask, " hey who wants to come and criticize my post behind a screen?!"

no i didnt. and just so u know, anal is certainly not the best terminology, definetly show's abit about yourself.

for everyone else it IS an automatic and i cruise at 55 around 3500 rpm. seems a bit high.

so i started looking into the wiring noticed no fuse in the kick down relay. pulled the fuse box and there is no wire leading from the fuse.

but if all im going to get is criticism and judgement then forget it.

You have made a habit of uneccesary posting (including at least one other about unused connectors and wireing in your engine bay) in your short time here. Furthermore you did not specify that it's an automatic and auto's in that year are pretty rare.... If you get judged based on the above criteria - it's your own fault.

Now I'm not going to help. I'll take my wiring diagrams and go home.

GD

You have made a habit of uneccesary posting (including at least one other about unused connectors and wireing in your engine bay) in your short time here. Furthermore you did not specify that it's an automatic and auto's in that year are pretty rare.... If you get judged based on the above criteria - it's your own fault.

Now I'm not going to help. I'll take my wiring diagrams and go home.

GD

please do! good ridens i will post however i want, when i want. dont like it....dont respond

please do! good ridens i will post however i want, when i want. dont like it....dont respond

if i find somethig questionable....i will create a post.

if i find something i not sure of.......i will create a post.

if i know its going to bug you.......i will create a post.

HAVE A NICE DAY!