Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Most of the time I would not of bothered asking but having just ordered some OEM wires from the dealer, these cheapies I have on the car now sometimes.. the mirefires get rather crazy more so when you have shifted into 2nd.. makes it look like you can't drive a manual..

a while back ago I tested them all with the specs in the manual.. and 3 out of 4 were in spec.. other one was shot.. having done logging my misfires are all at TDC.. So I wonder maybe the heat of the engine bay changes the Ohm of the wires?

The funny thing about all this is you would think the CEL would light up on the first misfire but not always.. but when it does it 3 & 4 or 2

I guess you are saying what has been posted many times.......avoid the cheapie wire sets. They don't hold up, and when they don't hold up, they cause misfires.

Not me it was the last owner of the car.. I would never buy them.. I was going to buy the NGK but ordering from the dealer was the same price so just went with that.. However I don't think I will get them today for customer pickup..

Also I'm narrowing down for misfires.. if it still happens when I need to do a compression test when I had my heads resurfaced the shims got mixed.. However I did a vac test awhile ago so it's normal.. idle to red line will pull strong it's just that sometimes from idle to maybe 3K is the misfire range.

like I said in the other thread they wont most likely have my order ready until next week (subarupartsforyou) but what dealer does not have plug wires and a t-stat housing?

This is the typical range of misfires for poor spark caused by old plugs or bad wires.

Ah good info I tried to check around but I never found any info about that.

I guess I wont know till the dealer tells me when the order is ready.

I know it's not related but my idle is crazy high every time I leave in the morning Not after just starting but when moving to leave and I clutch in.. I hit almost 2K get on the highway for like 10 min blah blah after that it's fine.

I don't know how many more times I can keep cleaning the IAC It's hard to dump sea foam in it because you know the car cuts off almost instant when you disconnect the large hose..

having said that I'm avg about 20 MPG now which is lower then say 6 months ago.. Not too sure plug wires can gain me at least 4-5 extra MPG? Seems too fair fetched?

Edited by 1-3-2-4

ahh sucks.. dealer emailed me so late it took me about an hour and a half to get to the place and just as I was walking out (they close at 5 pm I arrived at 4:45) they locked up

I'd have to put it on tomorrow.. but yea put a full tank it and I haven't hit 200 miles yet and im on empty again.