Ultimate Subaru Message Board

POS 82 Carb no fuel from bowl

I honestly don't know which carb I have and didn't see any markings on it when I took it apart. I know my VIN is 5 for it so.......

I can run the car with the fuel line going straight into the throat and/ or pouring flammable liquid down the throat. The jets are clean and the passages from the bowl to the jets are clear as well. WTF is wrong? I've been messing with this thing for the past week and am about ready to chuck the whole thing and just sell it. I need to get THIS carb working on it before I can do ANYTHING else with it.

Would love to throw a Weber on it but the CA SMOG Nazis won't let me and I don't have the cash to dump on a whole 'nother carb.

The car sat for a few years and I've replaced the lines and filters and am getting fuel to the carb, JUST NOT THROUGH IT :confused:. My friend who is not into Subies is saying I have a vacuum leak but that makes no sense. ALL vacuum lines are properly routed and in good shape except for the one on the air cleaner assembly drivers side that is part of the recirculating vent deal thingie from the vent in the drivers side head.

ANY and all help would be appreciated as I'm DONE with this.

*rant over*

Thanks for responding guys, I was trying to make sure I hadn't missed something as I've never rebuilt a carb and knew the gas had probably gone to gunk. I tore it back apart and the jets were clogged again. Soaked them in brake clean for a day and a half and pit pins through the holes to make sure all the holes were clear after blowing through the top. I ruined the paper I had all my jet info on before I could put them back in so now I need to remember which jet goes where. The jet with all the holes in secondary or the single hole as the secondary? I forget which is which size wise but the sizes are 80 and 60. I hope I put the jets in reversed as it still doesn't run but at least coughs now until I give it gas. Will pull the jets out and reverse them this weekend if I find the time.

Edited by newsoobdude

So I gave the carb an acid bath and replaced the jets in the carb and I STILL HAVE NO FUEL FLOWING THROUGH THE JETS :mad::mad:. I don't get it, the jets are claer, the passages are clear, EVERY FLIPPIN THIN IS CLEAR. What is wrong? ANY ideas would be helpful, I do not know jack when it comes to engines and what not but it runs when I run the fuel line straight to the carb throat and that is it. The fuel line is not under a lot of pressure but doesn't drip out either. My friend says maybe fuel pump, but I don;t know and am not going to throw $$$ at it to make it work. Cabs is basically new and still not working.

HELP ME PLEASE anybody give me any ideas......