Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a local mechanic to install axle's. Eastern, WV/Western VA

Hello all,

After speaking with Marshal at MWE enterprises, I'm going to be ordering both a left and right front axle's from him to have installed on my vehicle. He also recommended using this forum to ask if there is a local mechanic in my area that is willing to install these at NON dealership costs/rates.

My location is in the eastern panhandle of WV with the nearest cities being Winchester, VA and Harrisonburg, VA as I'm in between them both. My zip code is 26851. I would welcome all suggestions as to any mechanic that has Subaru experience and is willing to put these on for me.

Thanks!

With the newer vintage's of Subaru's - axles are just like any other FWD car axle. Any mechanic that's done a Honda, Toyoya, Mazda, Kia, etc axle will be able to do them.

You also may be looking at rust issues so make sure you find someone capable of handling things should they go sideways. Not all shade-tree guys that are good with basic mechanics are good when things don't go the way they ought to.

GD

With the newer vintage's of Subaru's - axles are just like any other FWD car axle. Any mechanic that's done a Honda, Toyoya, Mazda, Kia, etc axle will be able to do them.

You also may be looking at rust issues so make sure you find someone capable of handling things should they go sideways. Not all shade-tree guys that are good with basic mechanics are good when things don't go the way they ought to.

GD

Thanks GD, I didn't know that the axle's are the same as other makes/models.