Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A christmas present for my 99 lego wagon

Yesterday while trying to finish some holiday errands I pulled into a parking spot and went to shift the car into Park but the shifter moved with zero resistance up and down the pattern (automatic). So I reckon the shift cable/linkage/whatever let go. Unfortunately a busy parking lot full of 4 inches of slush right before christmas isn't a good place to crawl under the car to poke around so I gave the car a $60 flatbed ride to the garage as a special treat from me to it. :)

Merry Christmas, old girl. Good luck on wednesday when you have your appointment!

Hopefully the garage doesn't have a large bill for me for a New Year's gift. :drunk:

Thankfully we're a 2 car family and don't need that car for the next few days.

Happy Quirky Subaru Christmas to everyone (and their cars)!

My 99 Legacy Outback wagon decided to give me rod knock for Christmas.

I gave it 5 quarts of some Castrol GTX High Mileage 20W-50 with a trustworthy Purolator PL14460 oil filter as a half-assed present for Christmas.

I still don't feel very happy nor safe with rod knock :-\

My 99 Legacy Outback wagon decided to give me rod knock for Christmas.

I gave it 5 quarts of some Castrol GTX High Mileage 20W-50 with a trustworthy Purolator PL14460 oil filter as a half-assed present for Christmas.

I still don't feel very happy nor safe with rod knock :-\

Ouch, you "win".

Good luck with 'er!

my legacy played "which gauge will/won't work today" on the drive from family's house. Speedo is out, cable broke a couple of weeks back, Coolant Temp Gauge would bounce between non working and working, and the CEL would come on about 10-20 minutes into driving after taking off (even from gas station)

Last night on Christmas, my 99 OBW decided to throw a CEL. I haven't pulled a code to know what it is trying to tell me. Also, the heater started to not throw much heat, while on a 20 minute trip around town. That scares me, as an early sign of a bad HG. However, the temp gauge reads normal. Also, it is starting to leak oil prolly from the baffle plate. Oil now drips on the exhaust pipe to create a stinky smell. I think a grench has grabbed control of my Subie.