Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 OBW into Baja Rig any suggestions?

Hello, I have been meaning to get this up for awhile. Since the motor went out on my wagon last spring and after putting 3k into it for a JDM engine and transmission from metricmotors, thank you Chris you were amazing to work with and help to resolve issues with. So after tossing this much into it figured it was time to make it a fun vehicle and not just a point A to B.

DSCF3765.jpg[/img]

After having a 95 lego that I was constantly shrinking the gas tank on rocks and what not.

DSC_0093.jpg[/img]

the OBW was beginning to have this problem so, a lift was needed. Out of cost being a determiner, I settled on putting 2008 Forester FXT shocks and struts all around that I found and had shipped from Washinton for $400 with only 10k on them.

DSC02320.jpg[/img]

The goal was to have approximately a 2.5-3 inch lift ended up with about a 2.75 inch lift then after having my tires shredded needed tires badly so I upgraded to the 215/75R15 BF Goodrich AT ended up with just under a 3.5 inch lift, makes it really nice doing oil changes! ;-)

DSCF3736.jpg[/img]

At the moment I am working on some designs to build a similar bull bar to what subi xtreem is doing in Australia

OB042005.jpg

Along with a dual swing out rear bumper with built in compressed air tank. On another note in a conversation with Chris over at Metric Motors it came up to put a small turbo on my NA 2.5 DOHC and only run it with 3 lb of boost to bring the pressure in the motor to sea level to improve fuel economy and power. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks!