Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More Clutch size questions.....why?

Okay, I am putting in a new clutch on my 85 BRAT, I bought a donor EA81 (322287) should be around an 83 engine. Both motors have the clutch packs still on them. Bought a BRAT clutch kit on line for 40 bucks (good name brand) Wrong size clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing. I got upset thinking it was the guy I bought it from on EBAY so I ordered another from local parts house. Same issue. Why? I see an 8 7/8 inch disc but no pressure plate. What am I doing wrong. The parts guy could only find one set but could get a larger one but the throw out was not the press on bearing that I need. I read other threads and see others had questions but just wondered what it is that I am not seeing or doing right. The parts guy said he thought someone had switched it. Kind of strange both got switched?!.... Five guys work at the O'Reillys but I always get the guy I have to double check everything on? Of course everything needs ordered and it takes 3 business days to get. I eventually just had them order the throw out bearing by the numbers on it. The donor engine clutch was like new and the fingers show very little wear. I may just use the old parts. HELP and Advice please.

There's a huge mess lately with parts listings for the EA81 225mm kits. Exedy doesn't even list one in their catalog anymore.

On Rockauto they list 4 kits that are correct:

RHINOPAC/WORLD CAR Part # 15003

BRUTE POWER Part # 92225

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0619131

ACDELCO Part # 381613

You can also use the EA82 pressure plate if you resurface the flywheel to the .815" step height (down from .906") and use a TOB from an 80's Nissan 720 truck. But you will still need the 225mm EA81 disc - which is a 21 spline, 22mm shaft size.

GD